Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thursday Ramblings & What I Listen To

I absolutely love blogs, podcasts, cookbooks & anything related to health and fitness. Since I just jumped on the iPhone bandwagon, I've become addicted to podcasts. A few of my favorites include Vinnie Tortorich's The Angriest Trainer, Girls Gone WOD and Bulletproof Radio.





Another of my favorites is Audible. It is so worth the $14.95 a month! I just downloaded Dave Asprey's Bulletproof Diet and Vinnie Tortorich's The Angriest Trainer. When I'm at work, listening to books and podcasts fuels me through monotonous tasks. 




I've struggled with weight loss my entire life. These days my focus is not on weight loss, but instead it is on being healthy and feeling great. I have hypoglycemia and figuring out what foods work best for me has been a challenge. I was a vegetarian for 8 years and then a vegan for 2 years. Now I focus on eating local, eating organic, eliminating sugar & grains and buying the highest quality meat I can find. My diet is paleo-esque. Eating high fat, moderate protein and low carb has been working thus far. I have minimal low sugar episodes, success! 

I have been loosely following the paleo diet for a year now and I feel ten times better than I did as a vegan or vegetarian. Before, I would eat high carb foods such as bagels & crash. I would crash hard. I struggled almost daily with low sugar episodes. It wasn't until a year ago that I decided to try something new. That maybe this lifestyle was not working for me. I will also admit, I love ham. Love. A lot. So eating ham makes me happy.

The reason I love listening to health and wellness books, podcasts and blogs is because there is always new information out there! I love hearing people like Dave Asprey and Jimmy Moore discuss all of the different things they have tried to be healthy. Our bodies are these amazing machines and what works for me is not guaranteed to work for you. Through the years I have been able to connect to how a food makes me feel. I love it. Before I ate and had feelings/issues--but never connected the two! Now I eat lunch and I think to myself...am I full? how do I feel? 

I wish figuring all of this out was simple. But it's a journey and there is always room for improvement! 

Oh and I can do a handstand against the wall, a forearm stand and a backbend as of two weeks ago!!! Major yogi accomplishments. 

What are some other great books, blogs or podcasts?

No comments:

Post a Comment