Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Getting Back on Track

Ok, so Thanksgiving came & went. {If you didn't see my awesome pictures the other day, check out how much fun we had.} Now it's time to get back on track. Workouts, clean eating, etc.





I started my turkey day with a long walk so that I could make sure I hit my 10k step goal for the day  & then ended the day with a yoga sequence for good digestion. We had a very traditional style meal & after my many years of "oh I don't eat this, that, etc."--I've chosen to be less of pain in the butt. This year, my game plan was to eat a spoonful of enough stuff to make my plate look full & grab the biggest turkey leg ever! I saved my belly for the PIE! Oh man, when pie time came--I wanted a half a piece of every kind: pumpkin, chocolate & pecan. So. Delicious. 

So the next day, I had a slight stomach ache--but nothing too crazy. We spent the day running errands & watching movies. By the evening, I decided I wanted to partake in an alcoholic beverage. Must. Workout. First. I did this crossfit workout:

2 rounds for time of:
205-lb. front squats, 10 reps
10 burpee muscle-ups

*subbed 45 lb for front squats & burpee/assisted pullups for muscle ups

I finished up with a yoga for strength sequence & then enjoyed my beverage. 

The biggest thing I like to focus on is enjoying myself for one day & not worrying about my macros or what I'm eating. But then not turning it into a week long splurge. 

Today I met up with a friend for a Barre 3 class & then ran my mile for the Runner's World Run Streak 2014!



All in all, I feel back on track & ready to meet my goals! Tonight, we are making Standing Rib Roast from Everyday Paleo with asparagus on the side. It already smells amazing! Anyone having trouble getting back to their regular eating/working out schedules?

What tips do you find helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment