Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Great Books & Dog Walking Blunders

What a day! Whew. Glad it's coming to an end. 

First up, I FINALLY finished Gone Girl. Oh my goodness! It was a great read. I am a huge fan of Audible. If you haven't tried it, you should. It's $14.95 a month & you get a credit and discounts for books. With the credit, you can purchase any book. Most audiobooks are over $14.95--so it's a great deal! 

More on Gone Girl. What a twisted story! I loved everything about it. It kept me on edge. I was so shocked by what people can do, what they can plan--and then to see how they deal with it all? Read it! Now I can't wait to see the movie.


Tonight for dinner, we had Beef & Bacon Stew. I meant to take a picture, but I was too hungry. Story of my life. It was delicious & now we have lunch for a couple of days.

We had a bout of beautiful weather today; high of 62 degrees. After our inch of snow, it was pretty nice. I decided to take my dogs for a walk & listen to some more of Keto Clarity. <-- another great book, but not as fun to listen to for hours on end. I will write more about it when I finish. We set off enjoying the weather & as we were approaching home there was a neighbor walking her two dogs. Mandy, my greyhound, can be a bit leash aggressive & doesn't like being approached by other dogs. I moved to the other side of the street to avoid any issues. The neighbor stopped walking and was going to let us pass by first. I started walking & her lab snapped his prong collar & bolted towards Mandy. After a few minutes of me running in circles--we made enough noise that my boyfriend ran outside to intervene. Since my neighbor & I both had two dogs--we were rendered helpless. Mandy walked away with two punctures on her butt & the neighbor walked away mortified.

Mandy (left) & Steve (right) all dressed up for Halloween.


In this situation, I feel she did nothing wrong. We both tried as much as we could to keep things from happening. It was really scary & I wish I could have done more! Glad to know all dogs are ok & safe back at home.

Now it's time for a workout & bed! 

Today's workout comes from www.12minuteathlete.com . This girl is not messing around! I'm loving her site!

Cardio-Rrific 12 -Minute HIIT Workout


Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30


See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment