Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

I Quit My Job, Now What?

First of all, never give a three week notice. Two weeks is plenty. At first you think "whew, I need to help xxx learn abc." After week one, it's like "Psh, xxx can figure out abc on their own." By week three, it's like "No one talk to me, pretend I'm not here. Do you think anyone would notice if I went home?" Yes, that's what my three weeks notice was like. 


I should clarify, I did not fully quit my job. I tried, but they coerced me into staying part time temporarily. It wasn't hard to do. Work half the time, for half the pay & spend time with your kid? Absolutely! What does temporarily mean? I'm still trying to figure that out myself. I assume it means, work part time until one of us breaks up with the other. Or six months. We shall see.

Why did I quit/go part time? Well I was working 6:30 am until 4:30 pm. I didn't see my munchkin at all in the mornings & I picked him up at 5 pm every night. It started to wear on me. I wanted to be with my son. My heart wasn't at work. I became so unhappy that I didn't even want to be around myself. Imagine my boyfriends feelings! He had to listen to me complain daily.




My job is a great job. There are plenty of people that would take it. In fact, someone did. Great benefits, great pay & a great atmosphere. One of the top places to work in my state. And it was the only job I wanted out of college. I'm very proud to say--I got what I worked for. And for almost 5 years, I enjoyed it. Towards the end, I endured it. My child has become my focus & I'm very thankful for my boyfriend supporting me through this.



This is a pic my mom took after my interview 5 years ago!


So now, I'm a part time employee at an oil & gas company, a full time mom & I make dog collars over at TheCyclingHound.com . <--a business I started earlier this year on a whim for fun



No comments:

Post a Comment